Psychiatry is a medical specialty that is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. People seek psychiatric help for many reasons. Some of these conditions are due to stress reaction, which can occur suddenly, such as panic attack, suicidal thoughts, or hearing “voices”. The problems could have also been long-term, such as feeling of sadness or hopelessness.
Psychiatric disorders not only affect yourself but others around you too. Early consultations for emotional problems are key to your personal well-being, as well as family, work, social or educational issues. Speak to our experienced psychiatrist who will help you get to the root of your problem.
Our general psychiatric services include issues related to the following below:
Conditions We Treat?
- Anxiety including generalised anxiety, post-traumatic stress, phobia
- Panic attack
- Obsessive and compulsive, repetitive behaviours and thoughts
- Sleep problems and disturbances during sleep
- Excessive use or dependence of sleeping pills, other drugs or alcohol
- Psychological induced physical disorders
- Marital issues giving rise to emotional difficulties
- Personality issues giving rise to relationship problems, aggression and abuse, or work/educational difficulties
- Memory difficulties resulting changes in behaviour
- Stress related matters at work, home or university
- Counselling for medication used in psychiatric conditions, psychosocial, education and others